January 23, 2003
- 2002 unique page view statistics
[ posted by: R.I.P ]
- Well, more for my own amusement than anything else, I compiled some overall statistics from our 2002 log files for the server. Some of the data was amusing. Some of it was unexpected. In any event, I leave the details for you to evaluate here.
- Enjoy the read. Personally I'm still puzzled over the number one review. Almost from day one, Killer Instinct for the SNES kept a solid lead on requests for the whole year. In fact there were only a couple of weeks where it actually dropped down to second for a particular reporting period. This game is pushing what... atleast seven years old now?
- Also, while I didn't document it in the stats, it is interesting to note that our "Violence in Videogames" article (published in 1992, by Salamander in our print magazine and since reprinted on the web), was the most frequently requested article on the site with 16,836 readers requesting it over the course of the year. You would think it was a hot topic or something (sic).
- I also found it novel that we started and ended the year with almost the exact same number of page views (2,945 and 2,947). Although what's more interesting to note and not reflected on the page I created is that those page views represent 19,300 and 20,587 respective file requests. Go figure...
- If I can dig up logs for 2001, I might do a similar report... if nothing else, this was amusing enough that I'm sure I will continue to do it the future.
[Back to News Archive]