June 11, 2001
- Follow-up to 6/1 posting
[ posted by: R.I.P ]
- Well, here it's been 10 days since I posted my query regarding this site's usefulness. I received one piece of e-mail mail in response (thankfully it was a positive response), and one friend and one co-worker asked me if I was going to take the site down. Gee, I did a quick scan of the system logs since the first and see that over 2,300 people viewed this page since then. What are they doing here if they don't care about what's happening with this site? What are they here looking for?
- What would you guys and girls like to see here that isn't offered other places (and don't suggest warez/roms). I'm all ears...
- Hmm... Let me know you're thoughts... and if you didn't notice that my name above is linked with my e-mail address. You can write me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.
- Busy playing games...
[ posted by: R.I.P ]
- Just picked up our GameBoy Advanced this morning, with F-Zero Advanced and Super Mario Advanced, and I'm really happy with what I've seen so far. Yes, the games look like the SNES cousins, but that really only matters for us players who actually were big into the SNES back in 92'. There are more gamers today, and a whole new crop of younger gamers who have never experience these titles in any form. So, for them I say "Go get it!"
- For comparison reasons, I had to put the GBA next to our Neo-Geo Pocket. It's almost the exact same since in physical dimensions and button placement, although, I still think the direction controller on the NGP beats any other handheld flat out (it's essentially a mini-joystick that rocks under your thumb allowing you to do all kinds of sweep moves and such with out ripping the skin off).
- As for the screens, they actually look to have the same amount of screen area, only the NGP is a square, and the GBA is wider but proportionally not as tall. I'll write more about this in the future and try to throw up some images to go with it. I just need to get out of this slump I've been in.
- Speaking of slump... I've finally been working on Skies of Arcadia, and this game has really been cheering me up. Look for a full review shortly on this game, and possibly Dark Cloud (which Salamander is currently stomping through).
[Back to News Archive]